Updated Wednesday, June 3, 2020
COVID-19 Response Plan
Responsible Restart Michigan
Outdoor Adventures No. 1 priority is the safety of our members and staff. We are thrilled to be reopening, but these new standards have been developed to minimize risk and enhance safety for our guests and staff. We appreciate your support and cooperation so we can all get back to enjoying the camping season!
- We will continue sanitation measures such as increased cleaning of frequently touched surfaces and bathhouses.
- We will provide hand sanitizer in various locations throughout the resorts (to the extent that supplies are available).
- CDC-issued signage has been posted throughout the resort, reminding guests and staff of proper hygiene and social distancing guidelines.
- While we will continue thorough cleaning at our facilities and have adapted some of our processes, please be prepared to bring your own masks, sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizer and disposable gloves, as you are able.
- If you are feeling ill and have symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever, shortness of breath), please stay home and let us know that your reservation needs to be canceled as soon as you are able.
- All no-show and cancellation fees will be waived until further notice.
- Plan to make the least amount of pit stops as you travel to our resorts. Pit stops are the most likely places you’ll risk contracting the virus or spreading it to others.
- To make a reservation, please use our online reservation request form under “RESERVATIONS” in the main navigation and “Make Reservation.” To cancel a reservation, please go to “RESERVATIONS’ in the main navigation and “Cancel Reservation” to fill out our online form. Thank you!
- Please only send 1 person from your party to check-in at the store. We will be limiting the number of people in the store at all times.
- Whenever possible, please use a debit or credit card instead of cash.
During Your Stay
- Water will be on to all sites at all resorts.
- When you leave your campsite or rental, you must practice social distancing and stay 6 feet apart from others.
- Only one family household may occupy each site or rental.
- To protect our staff, we ask that all guests take care of their own trash for the time being, using provided trash receptacles throughout the resorts.
- The following amenities will be available June 4:
- Camp Stores (25% capacity)
- Bathhouses (25% capacity)
- Cabin rentals
- While each unit will be disinfected and thoroughly cleaned between stays, guests are encouraged to bring their own cleaning supplies to the extent they feel necessary.
- Beaches (must social distance)
- Day use
- Golf cart rentals
- Laundry facilities
- Fishing ponds
- Dump stations
- Honeywagon service (where applicable)
- RV storage
- Horseshoe pits/basketball/volleyball/tennis courts
- Dog parks (where applicable)
- Nature trails
- The following amenities will be closed/canceled until further notice
- Planned activities*
- Indoor/Outdoor pools, hot tubs, saunas
- Clubhouses & arcades
- Fitness centers
- Watercraft rentals
- Outdoor games & equipment
- Putt-putt golf
- Craft shows
- Grill & Snack Shack
- Go Karts at Grand Haven
- Trash Pickup
*We will get more information out on 4th of July fireworks at a later date.
- Guests will be asked to clean up after themselves in both campsites and rentals to be considerate of the guests arriving after them.
- Guests are encouraged to go directly back to their residence upon exiting the park to avoid additional touchpoints and pitstops.
Thank you for taking the time to read and understand our new procedures and safety protocols. If you see anything at the resorts that needs attention, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you back to help you continue making memories to cherish forever.