Updated Tuesday, March 2, 2021
Adventure Out Safely
COVID-19 Response Plan
Outdoor Adventures No. 1 priority is the safety of our members and staff. We are thrilled to be open, but these standards have been developed to minimize risk and enhance safety for our guests and staff. We appreciate your support and cooperation so we can all enjoy camping!
To view the current epidemic order, click here.
- We will continue sanitation measures such as increased cleaning of frequently touched surfaces and bathhouses.
- We will provide hand sanitizer in various locations throughout the resorts (to the extent that supplies are available).
- CDC-issued signage has been posted throughout the resort, reminding guests and staff of proper hygiene and social distancing guidelines.
- While we will continue thorough cleaning at our facilities and have adapted some of our processes, please be prepared to bring your own face covering, sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizer and disposable gloves, as you are able.
- Our seasonal resorts (Grand Haven, Rifle River, Wilderness and Lake of the North) are closed.
- Water is shut off to all campsites at our year-round resorts. All dump stations are closed and some bathhouses are open. Contact the resort’s store for more details.
- Bring a face covering to wear whenever you enter an indoor space at our resorts or during your travels. It is required by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS).
- If you are feeling ill and have symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever, shortness of breath), please stay home and let us know that your reservation needs to be canceled as soon as you are able.
- To make a reservation, change an existing reservation or cancel a reservation, please use our online reservation forms under “RESERVATIONS” in the main menu, or call us at 989-671-1125.
- Our cancellation policy is in effect. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the policy. If you cancel because of an illness, please send a doctor’s note to email@example.com and we will waive the fee.
- Please only send 1 person from your party to check-in at the store.
- It is required to wear a face covering when you enter the store and please social distance at all times.
During Your Stay
- When you leave your campsite or rental, you must practice social distancing and stay 6 feet apart from others.
- We ask that all guests take care of their own trash, using provided trash receptacles throughout the resorts.
The following amenities are available and follow the most recent MDHHS mandate:
- Camp Stores (30% capacity) – You must wear a face covering when you enter.
- Bathhouses (30% capacity) – You must wear a face covering when you enter.
- Cabin rentals
- While each unit will be disinfected and thoroughly cleaned between stays, guests are encouraged to bring their own cleaning supplies to the extent they feel necessary.
- Please limit to only 2 households per rental unit.
- Indoor pools (30% capacity)
- Indoor gatherings are limited to no more than 10 persons from no more than 2 households.
- Lake Shore Dome poolhouse: Max capacity=48 people, Beaver Creek indoor pool: Max capacity=30 people, Saginaw Bay indoor pool=Max capacity 18 people
- Face coverings must be worn on the pool deck and you must social distance. You do not need to wear a face covering while in the pool.
- Hot Tubs
- Only 2-4 people are allowed in at one time so that proper social distancing can occur unless everyone is from the same party or household.
- You must wear a face covering whenever you are unable to properly maintain 6 feet of distance from others who are not in your household.
- Fitness Centers
- Max capacity of 30%.
- It is mandated that face coverings must be worn at all times while using the facility. You must also social distance and maintain at least 6 feet apart from others.
- We will have paper towel and cleaning solution available so the equipment can be wiped down after use.
- Clubhouse and Adult Lounges
- Indoor gatherings are limited to no more than 25 persons.
- Please wear a face covering and social distance at all times.
- Use at your own risk as they are not sanitized between use.
- Children younger than 5 years old are not required to wear a face covering, but children 2 years and older are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering per CDC recommendations when they are unable to properly maintain 6 feet of distance from others who are not in their household.
- Day use for members and guests
- Golf cart rentals
- Laundry facilities
- You must wear a face covering when you enter.
- Fishing ponds
- RV storage
- Outdoor pavilions
- Horseshoe pits/basketball/volleyball/tennis courts
- You must wear a face covering outside whenever you are unable to properly maintain 6 feet of distance from others who are not in your household.
- Dog parks (where applicable)
- Nature trails
- Putt Putt golf
- Pool noodles have been put in the cups so you don’t have to reach your hand inside to retrieve your ball.
- Putters and balls will be sanitized between use.
- You must social distance on the course and give families space to finish the hole in front of you.
- Watercraft rentals
- Lifevests, oars, boats, etc. will be sanitized between use.
Amenities that are not available:
- Please check with the Store at your Resort to see what activities may be available during your stay.
- Dump stations
- Water for campsites has been shut off for the season
- Guests will be asked to clean up after themselves in both campsites and rentals to be considerate of the guests arriving after them. Please do not leave trash in your fire ring.
- Guests are encouraged to go directly back to their residence upon exiting the park to avoid additional touchpoints and pitstops.
Thank you for taking the time to read and understand our new procedures and safety protocols. If you see anything at the resorts that needs attention, please let one of our resort staff know or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you back to help you continue making memories to cherish forever.
-Cancel or change 7 days or more prior to arrival date = No fee
-Cancel or change 4-6 days prior to arrival date = $25 fee
-Cancel or change 3 or less days prior to arrival date = $50 fee
-No show = $50 fee
Campsites (holiday weekends only):
-Cancel or change 7 days or more prior to arrival date = No fee
-Cancel or change 4-6 days prior to arrival date = $50 fee
-Cancel or change 3 or less days prior to arrival date = $100 fee
-No show = $100 fee
-Cancel or change more than 2 weeks prior to arrival date = No fee
-Cancel or change 4-13 days prior to arrival date = Fee of 1 night rental cost
-Cancel or change 3 days or less prior to arrival date = Fee of 2 nights rental cost
-No show = Fee of 2 nights rental cost
Please note that any cancellation fees that apply will be automatically billed to your account. If you are on auto-pay, the amount will automatically be deducted the following business day.