There has been so much taken away from everyone across the world during the global pandemic. Seniors don’t get a traditional prom or graduation ceremony. Events are being canceled. Families are missing out on annual celebrations, like birthdays. And here at Outdoor Adventures, we’ve had to cancel camping plans for Memorial weekend for the first time in 25 years. We know how important camping is to all of you and how frustrating the current situation is, but we are focusing on all of the positives that are coming out of this time.
During the closure, we’ve been able to concentrate on the maintenance of the resorts and move forward on some improvements. The resorts are going to look amazing when everyone is able to come back and camp with us!
Here’s a snapshot of what we’ve been up to:
- At the Kalamazoo Resort, 10 brand new park models are being installed. The main power and power distributions and transformers were also upgraded so we can work on upgrading pedestals to 50 amps. We’ve also replaced the pool heater here!
- The pool and locker rooms in the dome at Lake Shore Resort are complete! We will just need the final inspection when the stay at home order is lifted and the OK to open safely. The Lake Shore roads have also been graded to even them out.
- We’ve installed new sewage pumps, and bought new fire rings and picnic tables at multiple resorts.
- The indoor pool at the Saginaw Bay Resort was upgraded, including a new pool liner, fresh paint, replacing two exterior doors, upgrading lighting and purchasing new chairs. We are also getting ready to upgrade 30 campsites to 50 amps.
- A new septic field at the Grand Haven Resort was put in.
- We replaced carpeting on the putt putt courses at Kalamazoo and Saginaw Bay.
- We created a new Nature Trail at the Mt. Pleasant Resort.
All of the projects do not include our annual seasonal cleanup. Our resort staff are also working hard to rake up leaves, pick up branches and cut down dead trees that are a safety hazard, power washing buildings, painting or staining picnic tables, raking to level gravel, planting grass, replanting flowers and cleaning up the landscaping.
So while we wish we could be open and see everyone having fun, we are making the most of this extra time. We can’t wait to have everyone back to enjoy all of the hard work and progress we’ve completed over the past few weeks!
To stay updated on our current operations plan, please visit www.outdooradventuresinc.com/covid19plan. Thank you!
Pond clean up at Kalamazoo
Saginaw Bay Clubhouse lighting
Saginaw Bay new pool liner
Grand Haven pool maintenance
Deck resurfacing at Mt. Pleasant